We're leaving Sunday morning for the Mountains of Southern California. 7000 foot elevations. 20% chance of snow starting Saturday and into Sunday morning. 36 degrees during the day and 18 at night. I showed the kids the virtual tour of the cabin yesterday and they are so very excited. They have spoke of nothing and thought of nothing else but this trip. I can't believe they don't remember snow in Ohio but I guess they just were really too young then. Of course, Quentin being born here in So Cal has never even thought of snow, so it'll be a big treat for him.
I have spent most of today cleaning and prepping the electronics. The video camera had to be downloaded and charged up. All ipods and MP3s have to be ready to go. Game systems,check. We're even going to try the portable DVD Rami got almost 2 years ago as a gift. I finally took it out of the box and charged it. We'll see if it can work magical wonders during the 2 hour car trip. Tomorrow I'll do laundry and pack. Rami will put air in the tires and check the coolant (it's been over heating when I idle lately). He did manage to find snow chains for the minivan today. We'll return them if we don't actually need them. But, sometimes they close the mountain roads and require chains only to even cross into the mountains. I'd hate to get all the way up there and not have chains and have to buy from a "scalper".
I got most of the snow suits and boots on ebay. I got some great bargains...even if we don't match exactly. Who can beat a pair of boots for Sophia for 99 cents and a jacket and pants for Q for $1.25?
Our plans include: shopping, dining, ski lessons for the big girls, snow play at the alpine slide and tubing center, a trip to a small zoo, building lots and lots of snow people and animals in our cabin's yard, enjoying the hot tub in the snow, warm fires and cozy game nights.
http://www.bigbear-cabin.com/summit_ridge_main.php
It's only 2 nights and barely 3 days. But, with 4 kids aged 2-8 you really can't take much more than that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds fun!
Come to New England and go skiing!
Have a great time, can't wait to hear about the trip!
Post a Comment