Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions--a year in review

Last year I resolved to do more family trips and more trips that explored California and the sights that Southern California had to offer.

Since moving here 3 years ago we had been to San Diego to see the zoo and Seaworld. We had seen the Wild Animal Park in Escondido. China Town and various LA sights. Palm Springs and the ariel tram up to Mount San Jacinto. And, had visited Knott's Berry farm twice. The various aquariums in San Diego and Long Beach are always nice and relaxing.

I decided we needed to branch out. Starting with our first trip to Disneyland. We went for 4 days in March and had a blast.







In May I ventured off for my first vacation without kids. I enjoyed 3 days in Vegas.

















Also, in May we took the kids to their first MLB game. The San Diego Padres went 18 innings this day. It was an awesome game.


In June we woke up at the crack of dawn to head out for the Temecula Balloon & Wine Festival. The sight of all the balloons taking off at sunrise was amazing.



In August we headed to Legoland. The kids proclaimed that it was now their new favorite theme park.





There's our annual apple picking trek at 5000 feet in Oak Glen, CA that takes place in October.


Followed this year by A Brownie Camping trip to beautiful Lake Skinner.








On Sunday we leave for 3 days in Big Bear CA. The upper elevations of Souther California will let us enjoy glorious snow and then leave it behind. The kids are excited. Our plans are to take a few skiing lesson, build lots and lots of snow people, ride the Alpine Slide and enjoy fires, wii and billards in our cabin. We have our own hot tub too.




This Spring we will head out to Joshua Tree National Forest. I hear Spring is the best time to go there. We also still have Hollywood on our agenda. 2009 will also hopefully bring us to Northern Cali as well (San Fran here we come).

1 comment:

Liz said...

I am going to join your family.