On Monday, MLK day, Isabella started throwing up without warning just as I was cooking dinner. Wouldn't you know that that very morning Rami had left for a 4 day trip to Detroit. I cleaned puke, steamed the carpets, cooked dinner for the other hungry kids and convinced Isabella that for all the following urges to throw up she should definitely make her way to the toilet rather than spewing on the floor. She threw up pretty consistently for the next 6 hours and finally by Midnight all was quiet. She was incredibly lethargic and unable to eat at all the next day...and the next. Finally she was able to eat and drink by Thursday, so off to school she went.
Now, of course, Thursday being the day Rami returned I knew she'd be better by Thursday. Rami caught an earlier flight than expected and arrived home at 12:30pm. I went to pick up my carpoolers and arrived home at 3:00pm. I was headed out the door for a Girl Scout commitment and to take Sophia to basketball. Thursday afternoons are hectic here. Q was crying in his room after nap so I asked Isabella to go up and get him. She started screaming that he too had thrown up. Freaking Cheese It's TOO (just like Isabella)! For those of you who don't know...cheese products stink the worst when a kid pukes. It ranks right up there with noodles of any sort and hot dogs that come up whole.
I quickly started stripping the bed and steaming the carpet and bathing the kid. All awhile trying to get out the door for the GS commitment and the basketball practice. Rami manned the fort while I was gone. Q, like Isabella threw up sporadically until 10pm last night and all seemed fine. At 4:15 this morning he woke up babbling and conversing about needing, Sprite, Gatorade, Water, and juice. He was desperate for any fluid he could get. We slowly started introducing fluids and by 10:30am he had 20 ounces of Gatorade, some water and a little bit of Jello. It was all too good to be true. It all came forth like The Exorcist! Sigh.
We let him take a 4 hour nap and now we're on the 1 ounce every 15 minutes fluid intake plan.
I want to know why just when I thought I made it out safely with one puking kid this virus returned 48 hours later. Wonder what the next 2 days will bring and who the next one to fall prey will be?
On the bright side, I have been needing to steam clean my carpets and now that job is done. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment