Monday, December 13, 2010

The show must go on.




Ava's new studio puts on a Christmas show each year. Every other year they do the Nutcracker. This year was not one of those years. This year was a Christmas variety show. Ava's group...Children's ballet company preformed a scene from the Nutcracker. They danced as Christmas dolls that come to life when Clara opens them.

Unfortunately, the costumes seemed to be an afterthought for the studio...we're a little disappointed in that (Ava referred to the costumes as ugly clown nightgowns). But, Ava and her fellow doll, Natalie did a wonderful job. Ava is still very much a committed dancer and a strong ballerina.

When I dropped her off for her call time she checked in at the desk and announced to the lady in charge, "I'm here!". As if she was the only dancer they needed! I love her attitude. She kissed me at the door, proclaimed she didn't need any help and made her way backstage. She's so comfortable and confident backstage. She tells me she's not ever nervous before a show, because being on stage is the whole point of all of it.

She did a superb job and every year she amazes me with her talent. I was watching the older girls who preformed and I know one day I will watch my beautiful ballerina grow into a prima ballerina and glide across the stage.

Bravo!

No comments: