Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's been too long

I know, I am seriously slacking in communication. I am just now starting to make my way out of the mounds of stuff I have to do. Life goes on living while I try to stay afloat.

Here's some of my thoughts lately.

Paperwork, there's a ton of paperwork when you move. And, if you are paperless, as I try to be - you have to remember everything that you have set as paperless so that you don't loose anything through the cracks in email address changes, home address changes, telephone number changes, insurance changes, healthcare changes...

Mental gymnastics. I am in a constant state of wonder this last month, wondering where in the world the packing team packed those last bit of important things that i can't seem to find. It's always in the back of my mind. Sometimes, I'll think "oh wait...they must have put it int he box labelled...." and I run downstairs to the basement, find that box and pull off the tape and paper like a child on Christmas. Only to draw back disappointed...nope, it wasn't that box.

Activities- when you move it's important to keep your kids active. That way they don't have time to mess up the house you don't have time to clean anyway. There's soccer teams to try out for, there's Girl scout troops to find, ballet studios to interview, there's weekly visits to the public library, church activities, family activities, sleepovers, playdates.... life doesn't stop and wait for you to finish unpacking and drive to the DMV for your new license. Kids expect activities.

School. Schools are different, teachers are different, friends are missed, new friends are friendly (or not), the number one thing...Curriculum is different. Just when you thought you had mastered 5th grade math, they change it on you. If you are 37 years old and can't figure out 5th grade math, how do you think your 5th grader feels?

Weather. You're hot and you're cold. You're rain and you're not. You're in shorts and then sweats. The weather absolutely cannot make up it's mind. Mother Nature is going through menopause here in Michigan.

No comments: