

.jpg)
Sophia just shipped off for a weekend at Whispering Oaks camp in Julian CA. 13 girls and 3 troop leaders having fun at Girl Scout camp. Sophia was so excited she started packing over a week ago. Today, she finished making her swaps and got ready to go. We went over her camp supplies one last time and then we loaded up and headed over to Stacy's house.
A half of a block away Sophia said..."I'm scared". I thought I was going to get off the hook on this. She lasted so long. Sophia is very much like me. Nervous anxiety mounts when it's time to actually go do something that really she does want to do. She smiled for a few troop pictures. But, the longer and longer I stood there and we waited for the last few girls to get there, the more nervous she got. She came over to me for a final last minute hug and then she broke down. The tears started flowing, she wanted to change her mind. She knows I'm not going to let her do that. Just like Rami always has to push me out the door...now I had to push Sophia as well.
Good thing I was wearing sunglasses...to hide my tears too. I want her to go. But, I don't want her to be sad.
Sophia is the first Ubaydi Girl Scout to actually go camping alone. When Isabella was a Brownie her troop went but Auntie Jen and I went too. Sophia should be so proud of herself for being the first to do this. Sophia has done the Brownie Lock In..but Isabella was a Brownie too, so they were there together but in separate troops.
I know she'll be just fine and full of smiles and memories when she gets home on Sunday. I can't wait to hear all about her trip. I remember camping when I was a brownie Girl Scout as well and I know these will be memories of a lifetime. i just hope she doesn't remember that I left her crying as they left. :*(

No comments:
Post a Comment