Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Cabin







The cabin was spectacular! Only 2 blocks from the base of Snow Summit mountain. Beautifully decorated and only a few years old. Many many details were put into the cabin that just made the time spent relaxing so much more enjoyable. The pillows and bedding and matress covers were all DOWN. I felt enveloped in a cloud while I slept. I know what I want for my birthday now!



Upon our arrival we stepped over a "dead" snowman on the front walk. The whole family thought it was hilarious. The previous cabin occupants meant for him to appear dead as evidenced from his "x" eyes.



When we got in the cabin it was potty break time and Isabella was the first one in. Our most memorable quote from the whole trip is this...






Isabella (from the bathroom): Momma, are these toilet treats?



Me: Huh? What? *inspects*



Isabella: *points to potpourri on the back of the toilet*



Me: *almost crying from laughing* No, not toilet treats.



Mom makes an announcement: People, listen up....these are NOT toilet treats! Do NOT eat them! Poison!



Q: *comes to inspect at the mention of treats*...looks at me questioning "cookies?"



Me: No, NOT cookies either! I repeat...chemicals, don't eat them.






Sophia and Ava loved the snow in the backyard of the cabin and played outside for over an hour two days in a row...just climbing on the ice mountains and rolling around in it all! Sophia definately enjoyed her special birthday trip. She was a whole other child at 7000 feet elevation. Don't worry...the normal Sophia returned as soon as we decended the mountain this afternoon. ;-)



1 comment:

Liz said...

Looks like it was a really fun trip, especially the tubing part! Poor Q with the fever. It never fails, someone always get sick on a vacation! Can't wait to see the January picts!