Monday, December 15, 2008

The weather outside is frightful....


At least by Southern California standards it is. We've had heavy rains all day. There was some talk of snow last night and on Wednesday. The temperatures at night are in the 30s and the daytime highs are in the 40s with gusty west winds. The winds come through these valleys and whip it all up. Palm trees are down in the neighbors yard. The soil too soaked to hold it up. there's flash flood warnings in the burn areas. There's debris being washed onto the freeways from the mountains. Snow is being accumulated in the mountains 1 hour to our north. (Which is good because we booked a ski vacation for January 4th).

So, when the kids came home from school. i made a batch of Peppermint mocha cocoa. I loaded up the mini marshmallows and added extra chocolate syrup too (they say I'm a rockin' mom this week).

1 comment:

Liz said...

You are a rockin mom, I want to come over and enjoy that too!! :)