Grrr! Of course I smash my car while backing out of a parking space. I ran into a light post (with concrete around it). AND, Rami was standing there!
I dropped the girls off at Soccer and Quentin was supposed to stay with Rami too but Rami said I should take him to the gym with me (so he could sit and watch soccer without chasing Q around).
So, I got back in the car but Q was mad because he wanted to play soccer NOT go to the gym. He was screaming at the top of his lungs like he always does when he doesn't get his way. I was backing up and talking to him about going to the gym instead.
The light post was the kind that kind of juts out into the parking lot and it was in my blind spot on the rear driver side. Distraction combined with not wearing my glasses....I hit it.I was hoping it was just scratched. But, there's a hole in the plastic bumper.
I've had to have the whole back end replaced 2 years ago when someone rammed me in a parking lot and that was $1000. I'm hoping they can fix this without replacing the whole rear end again.
Rami walked out as I got out to look at the car and he of course was clever and who asked me if I drive much? Driving with a screaming mad 2 year old is dangerous!
The benefit is....Q stopped screaming. I told him his screaming broke the car and if he screams again the police man might come get mommy next time. He's been telling me all morning now that "Tin tin broke the car".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I ran into a Mac Donald's drive through wall once, and the scratches are still there. I hear it all the time from my brothers. I too was distracted by screaming kids, one of which was not my own, and people behind me getting mad that I was checking my order, but when you have three kids with happy meals, you need them to be getting the right things before you leave, and so I started to pull away as I was still looking in one bag...and then SCRAPE!
It happens to the best of us...I am so sorry, and I hope it doesn't cost much to fix. Good luck. Love that you used this moment as a "teaching moment." Q and Claire would get along so well. They could see who could out-scream each other.
Almost $900 to fix. BOO!
Post a Comment