Thursday, July 10, 2008

To fake the hair or not?




Ava has a big recital coming up. she's practiced all year for her dance studio's theater preformance at the big theater in Escondido. 1000 people are expected in attendance. Costumes have been purchased and tried on. The BIG show is in 2 weeks. One small problem. Ava is required to wear her hair in a side parted bun.

Um, hold it, what? A BUN?!?! With what hair? Her hair is so fine and curly that by the time I get it all slicked back and stretched out the bun is the size of a cap eraser on a pencil. Not nearly big enough to make a statement. Then they gave me this huge fake flower crown that I'm supossed to put on her head around the nonexistant bun.

Someone recommended a fake hair piece that slips around her pony tail to make it look like she has full-bodied hair. So, today we tried it out at ballet to see if she could dance with this dead rat on her head. She did fine. I'll also put an invisible hairbet over it to make it look more bun like. But...here's what we have.

I can't believe I've resorted to being one of these moms....

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

HAHAHAH you are so totally one of those moms now -- but, it looks really cute. LOL

Liz said...

It's ok to be one of those mom's, you love your daughter and you don't want her to be an eraser head. I get it.

Anonymous said...

so cute - LOL that you are one of THOSE moms! Glad i wont be the only one!

Lori said...

wow, they are so particular about the hair, huh? But glad you found a solution!