Thursday, July 10, 2008

Camp Graduations

Sophia and Ava finished up their first soccer camp. They were very excited this morning. They really did learn a lot of soccer skills and have improved their preformance. Ava's note from the coach: "Ava, Great Job this week! Practice your foot skills! Love Coach Heidi" Sophia's note: "Sophia, You rock! Keep working hard on your fancy footwork! Love Coach Heidi".

After Soccer Camp we completed our second session of swim lessons for the summer. We're not doing anymore sessions this summer so it was important for them to all pass the level they were working on.

I was excited to see that Ava completed level 2 swimming. She can do freestyle and underwater swim half the width of the pool and she can roll to her back and preform a starfish back float for rest and then complete her swimming back to the wall.

Sophia and Isabella both completed Level 4 swimming. They can preform 4 swim strokes across the length of the pool without stopping. Freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke. They can also tread water for at least one minute and dive for sticks in the deep end.

Considering that I can neither swim nor play soccer I'm very proud of my girls.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

woo hoo!!! way to go, girls!!! I'm so proud!

Liz said...

I am impressed with their swimming skills! You have your own little school of fishys!