I went back to the Rheumatologist today. The blood test for Rheumatoid Arthritis came back negative. She thinks that I sprained the soft tissue in both ankles when I flared my arthritis by running at 6 mph when I first started working out.
Needless to say...she thinks I should not be running at all on the treadmill and I should only be walking. She did authorize the fastest walk I can do...4.0 mph and a 5% incline.
I've started my intermediate training at the gym.
Monday: 30 minuets of cardio at 160-170 HR, back and core strengthening for 30-45 minutes.
Tuesday:
45 minuets of cardio at 160-170 HR, Ab and core workout for 30 minutes.
Wednesday: 30 minutes of cardio at 160-170 HR, upper body strength training for 30-45 minutes.
Thursday: 60 minutes of full out cardio.
Friday: Full body strength training for 60 minutes.
Today at my weigh in I was down 7 pounds total. That's 7 pounds in 7 weeks, even with the injury I'm still on track for 15 pounds in 12 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i think its great you're going that much - i'm inspired! and way to go on your goal!
you dont have to run to do cardio - are they putting you on a bike at all?
You go girl! When we belonged to Lifetime (got too expensive to keep, hopefully someday we can go back) I did the elliptical. I LOVED that thing, that might be easier on the knees? You are my role model.
Post a Comment