Monday, May 31, 2010

6 months later




Nearly 6 months ago on December 6th I fractured my foot and ankle in 3 places, suffered an avulsed bone and a torn tendon and a partially torn tendon. Today...I ran my first 10K race.




I knew my results wouldn't even come close to last year's personal record of 58 minutes on this course but without speed training and all my rehab I was going to have to be happy just completing the distance today. The course ran long at 6.37 miles instead of the standard 6.2 miles. At 6.2 miles I watched my Garmin and I finished in my Garmin time at 1 hour and 6 minutes. 8 minutes off last year. The official race clock time was 1:08:01. I crossed that finish line satisfied that I had done my best and that although I was 1:30 off my pace per mile I should be happy because it's only been 6 months and I was pain free during the whole run.




Rami and the kids ran the 5K with our friends Rena' and Bailey and Slater. Amanda ran the 10k with me and we both agreed it was grueling this year.




Ubaydi run times:


Isabella 39 minutes (3rd in her age group F1-13).


Sophia 40 minutes (4th in her age group)


Ava 40 minutes and some change (5th place)


Rami one second after Ava (6th place in his age group)


Stephanie (10K) 1:08:01 and 3rd in my age group. The first time I've ever won a medal and ironically I did it with my worst finish time ever. The overall winner was of course in my age bracket. LOL


No comments: