.jpg)
.jpg)
But, it is about as acute as you can get without actually ripping the muscle/tendons and breaking off the small bone in your foot that it attaches too.
Yes, when I do things I make sure I do them right.
I am now sporting the perfect all weather boot for Christmas. Very sexy, everyone should be jealous of my most fashionable accessory.
I went to see the doctors at the sports medicine clinic yesterday. Let me preface by saying that the doctor mumbled under her breath that I was possibly a running addict and that all you runners are the same. :-P Of course she said this when I asked how long I had to stay off my injury and then I mentioned that the Carlsbad Half Marathon was in 6 weeks and I had already signed up for it.
I have an acute peroneous longus musculotendinous sprain/strain and tenonitis. Basically, I really jacked up that muscle that runs from the side of your foot up the side of you calf to your knee. The next step in this kind of injury is to actually tear the muscle and/or rip the bone off the side of my foot that it's attached to. Nice huh?
The doctor was none to happy with me that I ran past the 4 mile mark when I felt the first twinges of pain and then to actually complete the race annoyed her as well.
I am sporting the walking cast until Mid-January. It's been 3 days and I still cannot bear any weight at all without significant pain...so I'm still on crutches. Today was my first day at home alone trying to get the kids and myself ready for the day. It was interesting and the kids were really helpful int heir kid kind of way.
I have to hop up the stairs on one leg and I have to slide down the stairs on my butt. I try to limit the amount of times I do this in a day.
The doctor expects that I'll be on crutches for a full week and I go back to see her on Wednesday the 16th.

No comments:
Post a Comment