Friday, November 13, 2009

Ava is preforming in the Nutcracker Ballet this year

Rami and I had our first date in 1992 attending the Nutcracker Ballet at the Fox Theatre in Detroit. Since then I have collected Nutcracker dolls.

Last year we decided that the girls were old enough to attend the local community theater's production of the Nutcracker Ballet. Unknowingly, I selected a showing put on my The Ballet Studio of Temecula (which is a slight adaptation of the traditional Nutcracker). The girls were enthralled. The adaptation was PERFECT. They understood every moment of the performance without asking any questions about what was happening and why. The show was stunning and every bit as good as the traditional Nutcracker Ballet.

After the show, Ava announced that she intended to BE in that show next year. I didn't think much of it because I didn't think it was actually possible.

However, this Fall I discovered the Ballet Studio of Temecula and enrolled Ava in their classes. As soon as Ava walked in for her first class she exclaimed "Mom, my teacher is Marie from the Nutcracker!" I took a close look and indeed the teacher of the class was Tiffany Koepke, who preformed as the lead in the Nutcracker. I looked around the studio and I realized that this was the studio that put on the show. I saw that they were just starting to have sign ups for this year's show. Ava was giddy. She wanted to be in the show so bad!

Ava has been rehearsing her parts and is excited to be a part of her first Nutcracker show. She's done big stage recitals before but this is a whole ballet show from start to finish and she's in heaven.

She will be in 4 of 8 total performances. If any of our local friends would like to attend her list of shows is: December 19th at 3pm, December 20th at 3pm, December 21st at 7pm and December 23rd at 3pm. You can purchase tickets at The Temecula Community Theater online. http://tickets.temeculatheater.org/eventperformances.asp?evt=110&c=13&pg

The studio itself was featured in a documentary based on behind the scenes from last years show and that film recently won Audience's Choice in The Temecula International Film Festival. If you click this link you can view a trailer under the previews section. http://www.nutcrackerdocumentary.com/

No comments: