Thursday, October 22, 2009

2nd Grade Field Trip to the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park in Escondido.










Today was Sophia's first field trip on a bus that went further than a 15 minute ride. The 2nd Graders go every year for a field trip to Escondido to visit the Wild Animal Park. An extension of the San Diego Zoo where the animals roam more freely in open spaces.

We went when we first moved here 4 years ago but haven't been back since. Honestly, nothing will ever be better than the Toledo Zoo, we really miss the Toledo Zoo.

Anyhow, Sophia was excited. Mom was apprehensive. I don't trust chaperone's and I don't trust bus drivers and I don't trust my kid with other people. So...of course I made Rami take the day off work to help out. The school district has a no sibling policy when it comes to field trips so we needed one of us to go on the trip and one of us to stay at home with the other kiddos. So, Rami signed up for the job of chaperoning the trip while I took care of the daily business at home.

Sophia had an excellent time on the field trip and I guess she conducted a survey and it was determined that her dad was the coolest chaperone :-D. Probably had something to do with him buying their group slushies and ice cream on a hot day.

She raised her hand to be picked to go on stage during a demonstration, but in true Ubaydi fashion she didn't know what she was volunteering for until it was too late. She had to touch reptile and was very nervous (like her momma) but managed to finally pull it of.

She was exhausted after getting up at 6:30am to leave by 7:30am for the field trip (she didn't get home until 3:30pm).





No comments: