Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School 2009/2010




Wow! The summer flew by on us. Just 2 months ago we were kicking it off in search of the sun in Palm Desert and now here we are back to school.

The girls had a fabulously exciting day at school today. Quentin and I just didn't know what to do with ourselves. We went to the gym, went to Target, ate lunch, at 11:30am I got a little antsy thinking I was forgetting to pick up a preschooler or kindergartner and then remembered that all 3 of my chicas were in school full days for the first time ever.

I got some work done at naptime (which I'm sure my clients will be so pleasantly surprised and my bank account will thank me).

I picked the girls up at school and they followed pick up directions to a T. For the first time ever it was a pleasure doing the 2:45pm pick up. Ava exclaimed that she never wanted to leave school and that she wanted to just stay there. Sophia's teacher told me she could tell that Sophia was "motherly" and responsible, practically the behavior of a 4th grader. Isabella gushed about how she loved Mrs. Mitchell and that she had sooo much in common with her teacher. She is also expected to be more responsible this year and was even given a "planner" to keep track of homework and assignments.

A good day was had by all.

1 comment:

Lori said...

oh I am so glad...your girls look SO grown up!