
Jennifer has been my best friend for almost 20 years. Impossible really because we're barely 20 right? We've lived together, we lived apart, but we've also been close in our hearts.
This weekend we had to say "See you Later". Again. 5 years ago we were so excited to live so close...we never dreamed that would be possible when she moved to LA 10 years ago. We've done this before. I managed not to cry even though she was putting her waterproof mascara to the test. I said it was different with her. I knew it wasn't goodbye. I know I will see her again.
I think the kids were in denial and shock. How could it be?! They hugged her so much. I'm shocked Quentin and Ava aren't actually in her car right now. I had to peel them off her. I was holding Quentin in my arms when the car pulled away from our driveway. He kissed me and said..."I'm really gonna miss Auntie Jen" and the look in his eyes did it to me. He wasn't going to miss much about California. But Auntie Jen is his girlfriend and he really was going to miss her.
I'm sure we'll see her soon. Family is family. And, she's family!

No comments:
Post a Comment