We just finished celebrating the last of the 3rd birthday's our kids will have. Q's birthday is always bittersweet (more so than the others). He is my baby, my boy and my last. I celebrate his birth, remember the joys of the last 3 years and look forward to the person he will become. It also make me sad that everything is moving forward and I wish I could stop time. The ages of 3 and 4 are my favorite kid ages. 3 and 4 year olds still love their mom's so much and yet are such explorers and so smart. Q has already amazed me at his capabilities. Boys are definitely different than girls. I always swore it was in how you raised them but I tell you boys are innately different and programmed in ways that girls are not.
We had a fabulous day today. It was completely planned by Q. He said he wanted to have a mini (and made a mini gesture with his hands) Spiderman cake, lots of Spiderman presents and he wanted to go to the pool and then go to Chuck E. Cheese. I think we did a great job of satisfying all his 3 year old wishes today. He had never been to Chuck E. Cheese (we had boycotted them almost 4 years ago) but he had seen commercials and knew we had one in town because we pass it regularly. You would have thought that he was in Disneyland the way he reacted with shock and awe as we opened the doors to CEC (did anyone hear those trumpets blow just now). When we left Chuck's place after 2 hours of fun I was carrying him out giving lots of kisses and he looked back over my shoulder and sighed "I had fun at Chuck E. Cheese Mom".
He really is the sweetest boy! Happy birthday Q!

1 comment:
That is really cute that he planned the whole thing. Love it.
Post a Comment