Thursday, April 9, 2009

We're leaving....

I've been packing literally all day for our trip to Michigan. We leave tomorrow morning. It was horrendous today trying to tie up all the loose ends and do all the laundry.

I had piles of carry-on stuff stacked on the table in the kitchen. Each child is responsible for carrying their own backpack in the airport so I highly recommended paperback over hardcover books to them. They have their gaminig systems and "ipods' and coloring books. All of which I am sure will only keep them occupied for about an hour or two at the most.

As I did the laundry each kid was sent up to their room to put it away and selected 4 MATCHING outfits. Now, finding an outfit that matches is not normally one of my requirements. I often let them wear mismatched clothes as long as the clothes are appropriate for the weather and not stained. After they selected their outfits they put them on my bed for packing. The top of our entire King Size bed is covered in piles of clothing now. The majority of it is the Easter outfits and the dresses and SHOES for the anniversary picture. I was not thinking stratight...I should have shipped these clothes and shoes ahead.

Rami has been out of town for two days and will return shortly to get his stuff in the suitcases as well.

15 hours to departure.....

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Have a great trip!