Monday, April 20, 2009

Did anyone miss us?







Well, we're home! The trip to Michigan was a success. Next time people need to come visit us...the weather is waaaayyyy better in California and their are better attractions.

The airplane trip to Motor City uneventful and went really smoothly. Rami switched seats with someone to get the seat with us in Coach (sadly, I didn't get to use the first class upgrade). The kids had a mini melt down about halfway through and we did some musical seat rearranging and 30 minutes later they all ended up in the same seats agin LOL. We had two rows on the same side.

Originally, Ava was behind me and I didn't mind her kicking my seat. But, during the seat rearranging we swapped her and Q and she accidentally kicked the seat in front of her (her legs were too short to bend at the knee). The lady in front of her started reaching back with her hand between the seats and slapping Ava's leg. I almost went nuts on the lady. Finally, it was choice of sending Ava back or having the air marshal eject me from the plane when I confronted the leg slapping offender.

Saturday we went to Bunnyville at the Detroit Zoo and then had lunch with family. Good times. Then we returned to Susan and Pete's house so the kids could just play together.

Sunday was Easter. Very relaxed and fun. We ran out of time to color Easter eggs with our kids before Easter so we did it Sunday morning. The Easter Bunny had to go out through the garage and put the baskets on the front porch because half of the kids were sleeping in the family room right next to the kitchen. We did get a call early Sunday morning that my guinea pig sitting neighbor had a family emergency and had to relocate our GP to another neighbors house.

Monday --I ran 3 miles (int he 40 degree cold) and then we took all the cousins (minus Henry) to the indoor water park. 3 hours of water slides and lazy rivers wore them out. We had a spaghetti dinner with family.

Tuesday it was 40 degrees and raining. Rami left for Toledo business. So, Lizzie came over and we took 9 kids to the movies to see The Hannah Montana Movie.

Wednesday we took the kids to the park around 3:30om. Rami came home that night and we went to Kim's Chinese with some of the family. After dinner Rami and I took the kids on a tour of Oakland University (so much has changed but the campus is still the same) and Rochester (dad's house is still the same as he left it 15 years ago, Ron's Beauty supply is gone and in it's place is a resale shop, Rochester Main street has changed so much, we stopped at St. Phillip's Episcopal Church and Isabella took our picture on the steps).

Thursday was a beautiful day weather wise. I did a 2 mile run and the kids played outside. Rami and I took the girls to National Coney Island for lunch. Then Rami took Isabella and Ben to a Pokemon trading day at the public library (they were so cute the first 3 days of our trip, I had no idea Isabella could actually sit still and speak to someone about Pokemon's for hours!). That night we all went to Ike's Restaurant (and enjoyed grape leaves, kaftka, chicken shwarma and hummus). As we were leaving the restaurant Rami got a call from Leo and we drove out to their house to visit with Leo, Lori, Michaela, Dom and Gabriella.

Friday we had a whirlwind taste of Michigan food eating frenzy tour. We met my friend Missy and her daughters for breakfast at Big Boy. We enjoyed a great lunch with Debbie Wogan Gettings and Leah Campbell Gillis at Max and Erma's in Birmingham. Sophia and Ava asked if they could go home with Leah and Isabella really enjoyed talking to Debbie. For dinner we went to Mr. B's in Royal Oak and met Phil and Michelle Lickman (with their beautiful girls Emily and Sophia), Todd Leddingham and Larry Hillock. Friday night the girls did their GNO sleepover at Oma's.

Saturday we got everyone ready for pictures and did the pictures at 2:30pm and it took until 5pm and then we headed straight to the Melting Pot for anniversary dinner. We all said our goodbyes on Saturday night. Sophia and Maggie were both in tears to say good bye.

Sunday we woke up at 5:30am and headed to the airport. The flight was about the same in terms of the kids getting antsy 2 hours into it. It was an incredibly bumpy flight for the first hour I wanted the kids to all hold my hand (but they were all passed out asleep). We arrived home to record highs in the high 90's and our front porch french doors blown open (even though they were locked) from high winds we had while we were gone.

It was nice to see family, but next time I take a 9 day vacation I better be on a beach with a pina colada!

2 comments:

Liz said...

That is too funny that Maggie and Sophie were crying when saying goodbye! They fought half the time they were with each other! That's love I guess.

And yeah, nine days in MI isn't the best way to spend a vacation. (except for seeing me of course, lol!) I vote CA over MI any freakin' day!!!!!

Rebecca said...

I am exhausted just reading! Sounds like a fun time!

The picture cam out awesome!