

This is the Super Bark Free Training Device.
If you recall my post from a few months ago I was at my wits end with my neighbor (who now has 4 dogs and not 2) and her dogs who have literally been barking in my face for over a year now. I was to the point of possibly having a nervous breakdown when she posted her stupid pitiful signs in an attempt to make me actually loose my mind. http://livingintheubaydifamily.blogspot.com/2008/07/seriously.html
So, a friend offered a solution one day. She asked if I had ever considered a bark deterrent device. What?!?! There's something on the market that does this?! I was floored...after months of lamenting to people the only advice I had been offered was poison, water and a poisonous plant...all of which I was to the point of seriously considering. But, I kept my civility in tact.
I had made numerous complaints to both the Animal control offices and the Home Owners association. A bark deterrent was my last humane resort.
I was actually giddy with excitement last week when I placed my order. The website reviews actually said that people who were training German Shepard's had great results. I waited anxiously for a week for my unit to arrive. This past Sunday one of the new puppy's actually squeezed through the fence and came in our yard. I almost lost my mind but remembered that my training devices were on the way and it was only a few more days of patience. It cam late int he day this past Tuesday. I hurriedly read the directions and placed the unit in the appropriate spot. Now, the wait begins.
The directions say not to provoke the dogs into barking. *sigh*. So, I have noticed in the last 2 days that barking has been reduced in my area of the fence. But, I questioned if it was really the device working.
Yesterday I glanced out the kitchen window and actually saw the dogs relaxing comfortably next to the fence and NOT growling through the fence. That's a significant improvement. I smile to myself.
Today I was home and the dogs were going nuts at the fence. So, I took the opportunity for some much needed training. I walked out there with my hand held device (I also ordered for a little one on one training) and pointed it directly at the offending pooches. I pressed the button for 5 seconds and then quietly stated "be quiet". Girl pooch didn't care and continued her noise. So, I adjusted the Super Bark cone and then blasted her again with the hand held device. "Be quiet". She stopped and looked at me like I was crazy. Then she decided to give it another try. Third time is the charm. Zap, "be quiet". She stopped and sat down.
I sat down too and wondered if it would really be that easy? These dogs have barked anytime they've even heard my sliding glass door open for at least 20-30 minutes EVERY TIME for the last year. Surely, it would take longer than 3 days and 3 direct zaps. It did take another 3 zaps...but only because another neighbor came out and provoked girl pooch into another fit of rage. She's a bossy dog but I think she's learning. The new neighbor watched all this happening and asked me how in the world I can stand all this. I smiled and said...are you kidding...this is great! This is progress here.
Please take a look at the above picture. Notice that I am standing out on my patio and have a clear unobstructed view of the poochies residence without them standing there growling, jumping and threatening to rip limbs from my poor children.
I'm still wondering if this is a fluke...but for now I'll give credit to the Super Bark Stop and the Dog Dazer 2!
If you recall my post from a few months ago I was at my wits end with my neighbor (who now has 4 dogs and not 2) and her dogs who have literally been barking in my face for over a year now. I was to the point of possibly having a nervous breakdown when she posted her stupid pitiful signs in an attempt to make me actually loose my mind. http://livingintheubaydifamily.blogspot.com/2008/07/seriously.html
So, a friend offered a solution one day. She asked if I had ever considered a bark deterrent device. What?!?! There's something on the market that does this?! I was floored...after months of lamenting to people the only advice I had been offered was poison, water and a poisonous plant...all of which I was to the point of seriously considering. But, I kept my civility in tact.
I had made numerous complaints to both the Animal control offices and the Home Owners association. A bark deterrent was my last humane resort.
I was actually giddy with excitement last week when I placed my order. The website reviews actually said that people who were training German Shepard's had great results. I waited anxiously for a week for my unit to arrive. This past Sunday one of the new puppy's actually squeezed through the fence and came in our yard. I almost lost my mind but remembered that my training devices were on the way and it was only a few more days of patience. It cam late int he day this past Tuesday. I hurriedly read the directions and placed the unit in the appropriate spot. Now, the wait begins.
The directions say not to provoke the dogs into barking. *sigh*. So, I have noticed in the last 2 days that barking has been reduced in my area of the fence. But, I questioned if it was really the device working.
Yesterday I glanced out the kitchen window and actually saw the dogs relaxing comfortably next to the fence and NOT growling through the fence. That's a significant improvement. I smile to myself.
Today I was home and the dogs were going nuts at the fence. So, I took the opportunity for some much needed training. I walked out there with my hand held device (I also ordered for a little one on one training) and pointed it directly at the offending pooches. I pressed the button for 5 seconds and then quietly stated "be quiet". Girl pooch didn't care and continued her noise. So, I adjusted the Super Bark cone and then blasted her again with the hand held device. "Be quiet". She stopped and looked at me like I was crazy. Then she decided to give it another try. Third time is the charm. Zap, "be quiet". She stopped and sat down.
I sat down too and wondered if it would really be that easy? These dogs have barked anytime they've even heard my sliding glass door open for at least 20-30 minutes EVERY TIME for the last year. Surely, it would take longer than 3 days and 3 direct zaps. It did take another 3 zaps...but only because another neighbor came out and provoked girl pooch into another fit of rage. She's a bossy dog but I think she's learning. The new neighbor watched all this happening and asked me how in the world I can stand all this. I smiled and said...are you kidding...this is great! This is progress here.
Please take a look at the above picture. Notice that I am standing out on my patio and have a clear unobstructed view of the poochies residence without them standing there growling, jumping and threatening to rip limbs from my poor children.
I'm still wondering if this is a fluke...but for now I'll give credit to the Super Bark Stop and the Dog Dazer 2!
Please note that this device is promoted by vets as a safe, humane way to train dogs. sadly, I had to spend $100 of my own money to train dogs that aren't even mine because their owner is selfish and doesn't care about her neighbors.

4 comments:
OH, I have been waiting for this follow up! So does the device make noise when you aim it and press the button?
It can be set to either aduible or ultrasonic. I have it at ultrasonic so i don't hear it. It's high pitched radio frequency...similar to a dog whistle.
YOU GO GIRL! I was wondering how this whole thing was going. I do hope it works for you. Have your neighbors seen you doing this?
this is AWESOME. I really hope it continues to work. woo!!!
Post a Comment