
Ava has really turned into a wonderful soccer player. She started playing soccer when she was 4 years old. I had signed her up for a camp at age 4 with Isabella's old club soccer coaches in California. At the time Ava just looked like a kiddo having fun with the ball. She couldn't run fast, she was small, but she was out there with tenacity. The coach pulled me aside at the end of the camp and said that one day Ava would be a very good soccer player and that she has skills and mobility that many don't have at 4 years old. I laughed...how can they see that? At the time I attributed it to the fact that she is very agile from taking ballet very seriously since she was 2.
Ava does everything with determination and focus. She is competitive in a motivating, fierce way. She was too late for MI Fall soccer when we moved here. So, I signed her up for a series of weekend clinics from January through March. The clinic director recruited her for a mini indoor season and last week she started playing outdoor spring soccer with the local recreational league.
She's been simply amazing to watch. Her skill set has improved 10 fold since last Fall. I am so proud of her and her hard work and motivation. And, when I watch the look on her face when the other team scores a goal I know she has her mind set that she must work harder. She doesn't yell or scream at anyone, she goes out there on the field and makes it happen, gotta get the goal.
And she does it all while running down the field telling Rami to be quiet and stop telling her what to do...always the coach. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment