Friday, January 7, 2011

13.3

With the start of the New Year I decided to go back to the past. It is finally time to go back to my old training plans and start running for real after a year off. I hadn't really run more than 6 miles in any given week since December of 2009.

I dusted off my old training plans this week and hit the gym with a renewed determination.

13.3 miles every week (two full marathons every month).
This half marathon took me 5 days to complete and was completed in 2 hours and 35 minutes. I have a lot of work to do to get back to my former times and level of endurance and strength but it didn't happen in one week back in 2009 either.

Monday: 5 miles at 5.0mph
Tuesday: 1 mile race pace (9:35 minutes). Upper body strength train.
Wednesday: 3 miles just below race pace (5.5mph). Abdominal strength train
Thursday: 1 mile just above race pace (9:20 minutes). Lower Body strength train (ouch).
Friday: 3 miles easy pace (4.5-5.0mph). Abdominal strength train.

Let the boot camp begin. My goal is to be back to race ready by March.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Glad to see you getting back to your old routine!!!