Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The results are in

I met with the Rheumatologist today.

first I have to laugh, because she saw how many tests she ordered and she said...wow, I ordered everything. I said, I know...it was 11 vials of blood. She got to the iron blood work and said well, you're iron is great on the results. However, after drawing 11 vials you'll want to increase your iron intake. Really?! good of her to tell me 2 weeks later. Good thing I was smart enough to figure that out and I ate 2 hamburgers that day.

ANA came back low positive. Usually that test is a marker for Lupus. But, I have a known condition with my platelets called ITP. The ANA backs up that ITP diagnosis. So, apparently, you can coexist with ITP and a positive ANA without developing Lupus...good to know. Except many of the symptoms overlap so they will have to continue to monitor me every 2 months for a year and then once a year. I get the joy of Lupus symptoms without Lupus.

I also have low Vitamin D. She gave me a list of d rich foods and wouldn't you know...it's all the food I dislike, and I'm not a picky eater.

And, the xrays came back with only one finding in the hands. I have poor bone density in the joints...could be a sign of something arthritis-y. But, this is where I cracked up...the doctor said she's going to ignore those results because it's a subjective diagnosis by the radiologist. LOL---isn't that what the radiologists job is?

The report didn't note that the bone density in my left foot was low compared to the right (but my podiatrist actually looked at the films without the report on Friday and she noted that). And, just for fun I have a heel spur in my right foot. And, Morton's Neuroma on the left foot.

I'll be getting a bone density scan soon.

No comments: