Thursday, February 5, 2009

The wind down

I have finally made it to that point I mentioned back in October. Remember when I said sometime after January I'd come up for air. The time has arrived.
Yipeee! This is the last week of Sophia's basketball. Isabella's team is going to play offs so she'll have one extra week of practices and then play off games.
And....hold your hats! We will have TWO whole weekends off before Soccer season starts. But, only one week off from after school sports.
Luckily, Rami coaches all 3 girls on 2 soccer teams (Isabella and Sophia on U8 and Ava on U5). His coaching the teams means 2 things. One, I don't have to fit 2-3 soccer practices in my schedule because he's the coach so he takes the girls to practice and is guaranteed to be home. And, two, there will be NO game conflicts because he obviously can't coach on two separate fields at the same time. So, the league makes sure there's no conflicts.
Isabella is in the school choir on opposing Brownie weeks. Isabella and Ava are enjoying their Brownie/Daisy Troop. Sophia is loving her Brownie Troop. Ava's ballet classes are gearing up for recital practices. The BIG show will be held in Escondido again this year in July. Preforming in front of a few thousand people.
We're heading to Michigan this Spring to celebrate Rami's parents 50th wedding anniversary. It'll be awesome to see family we've missed and haven't seen since July 2006.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I know I'm excited that you are coming! :)

Michelle said...

I'm glad you'll finally get a breather! And yay for getting to go on a trip!

Melissa said...

It's about time you get a break! You deserve it!