Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Only 3 days in to Summer Vacation

We already have bad times.

I still am having trouble walking. I fell down the stairs last night carrying laundry. I'm a clutz.

Ava woke up throwing up at 6:20am this morning. She hasn't held any fluids down all day. She had a Phenegren shot at 4pm today...we're hoping she gets some fluids in her by morning or she'll surely end up in the hospital again for rehydration. Well...as I was typing this she puked again. ***SIGH*** That's twice now since the shot at 4pm. Just talked to the NP. If she's still throwing up and hasn't pee'd by 9pm she's headed to the ER.

Rami was supossed to be returning from Oakland tonight but on Monday the State of AZ walked into his Tucson bulding. He flew from oakland to Tucson almost as soon as he landed in Oakland. He's scheduled to walk into the house of puke by 10pm tomorrow night.

Quentin doesn't understand that he can't jump on people who are laying on the couch and poor Ava has put up with his abuse all day. He also loves to steal the puke bucket and try to drink her water or sprite. I can almost guarentee he'll be throwing up tomorrow too.

The Allergy Panels we ran on Quentin last week came in (mostly) and of the Regional, Environmetal and Food Panels that we ran the only thing he shows an allergy to is Cat. The latex and Foam panel takes longer and will hopefully be back soon. Foam/Latex is what we thought caused his swelling 2 weeks ago. We'll see.


And now for a FUNNY STORY to end a depressing blog entry.
While at the grocery store shopping for throw up supplies. I decided to leave our nasty puke bucket in the car amd based on the fact that she had just had a shot I thought she'd surely last 30 minutes until we got back to the car. And, perhaps if I had picked a shorter line that would have been the case.

However, I did do something very smart --- I grabbed a 99 cent beach pail that they had scattered around the store. And, as I was paying I almost told the cashier I didn't need that beach pail afterall (little pat on the back), but I decided to keep it. Yes, I need cash back....then I heard it "Mommy, I'm gonna throw up." I frantically reached onto the bagged pile of groceries, fished out the bag with the bucket, released the bucket from the plastic bag that was sticking to everything now. Conquered the bag and shoved the beach pail in front of Ava's face...she strapped it on like a horse feed bucket and commenced the hurl. People in line stood and stared, I'm almost positive mouths were hanging open.

I smiled and continued my transaction while Ava continued to hurl and I continued to steady the beach pail with my right hand and enter my pin number with my left hand. She finished puking, I had my cash back, I situated my sunglasses on my face and walked out standing tall. I'm sure those other people were just staring at my sheer parental prowess.

No comments: